2017 – Another Award-Winning Year for Cloudera!
Analytic Database, awards, best place to work, Cloud, Cloudera, customer awards, Cybersecurity, Data Science, Deloitte, General, machine learning, Open Source Software, ovum, partner, Partners, Success Stories, tdwi
In many ways, 2017 was a singular year for Cloudera, not least because we staged a successful IPO and joined the ranks of the world’s fastest-growing, publicly traded companies. We deeply appreciate the vote of confidence and trust our customers have placed in us and are proud of the hard work of our 1,600-plus employees.
These are some of the year’s highlights.
Cloudera was recognized in 2017 as a winner or finalist for 34 awards, including:
- One of the fastest-growing companies in North America on Deloitte’s Technology Fast 500
- Winner of the Cybersecurity Excellence Awards – Team of the Year
- Bronze winner of an Edison Award for Cloudera’s contributions to Apache Spot and leadership in cybersecurity in the Collective Disruption category
- Winner of Datanami Reader’s Choice award for Best Data Science Platform
- Best Overall IT Company of the Year by Network Products Guide IT World Awards for the third year in a row
- UK’s V3 Technology Award as best AI/Machine Learning Provider
- Winner of Stratus Award: Cloudera Altus wins in Best Cloud Computing category
- Winner of InfoWorld Technology of the Year Award for cybersecurity Apache Spot
Cloudera also helped gain recognition for its customers, including:
- Winner of the TDWI 2017 Best Practices Awards for Navistar’s IoT deployment on Cloudera
- Winner of Ovum’s IoT Futures Award for Cerner’s IoT innovation with Cloudera in the healthcare industry
We’re equally proud of all the winners of our own awards programs in 2017 that celebrate the groundbreaking work our customers and partners are doing on the Cloudera platform, including:
- Our inaugural Partner Impact Awards honored 14 partners for Best Solutions and Business Excellence categories
- Our APAC Partner Awards recognized 13 partners for their contribution in playing a critical role to Cloudera’s large and fast-growing ecosystem in the region
- Our first EMEA Partner Awards commended ten recipients, with Deloitte capturing the top honor of Partner of the Year
- Data Impact Awards, now in its sixth year, thanked ten innovative organizations who are making impacts to technology, science, health, lifestyle and community across a range of industries
In turn from our partners, Cloudera was honored:
- Winner of Microsoft’s ISV Partner of the Year in the U.S. Enterprise Partner Group Data Platform category
- Winner of Qlik’s Technology Partner of the Year
We also garnered recognition for being a great place to work, learn, and grow one’s career and expertise in all things data, including:
- Winner of the Watermark Award for making an impact to advancing the careers of women
- Ranking as one of the “Best Places to Work,” by The San Francisco Business Times for the second consecutive year
Cloudera’s customers have solved real-world problems from predicting and preventing fraud, to helping manufacturing companies predict failure rates of machines before systems go down, to detecting cyber threats and fighting cybercrime, and even accelerating life science research. We look forward to continuing our mission to help our customers unlock the power of data in 2018. For an expansive list of the awards Cloudera has won, please see our awards page.
PS – The 2018 awards are already coming in and one of note is our inclusion in the Best Places to Work for LGBTQ Equality list from the Human Rights Campaign’s 2018 Corporate Equality Index