Heralding a new era in GDPR compliance with Accenture and Cloudera
The General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), in force since May 25, strengthens and unifies data protection laws for individuals within the European Union (EU), making personal data privacy a fundamental right for all.
Traditionally, while companies have relied on time-consuming manual processes to achieve compliance, Accenture and Cloudera are harnessing advances in technology to simplify the compliance. The Accenture-Cloudera solution combines the strengths of the Accenture GDPR Intelligence Solution—that integrates machine learning and advanced analytics with automation—with Cloudera’s Enterprise Data Hub to help businesses automate and accelerate GDPR compliance.
With Accenture’s commitment to delivering digital transformation and customer insight and Cloudera’s industry-leading, modern data platforms, businesses can modernize their IT landscape and gain a 360-degree view of data. In addition, Accenture can deliver end-to-end big data solutions built on Cloudera at scale, while its prebuilt accelerators and solutions, developed on Cloudera, can help shorten the GDPR implementation lifecycle.
About the Accenture GDPR Solution
The solution is designed around three key processes of data supply chain—capture, curate and consume and offers:
- A comprehensive assessment of data landscape, data privacy and data protection services.
- Continuous monitoring and tracking, including remediation through changes in processes and policies.
- Identification of data locations and data types, validation of their accuracy and a confidence/reliability score.
- 390 critical GDPR-relevant personal data elements that can be identified via personal data fingerprints and mapped to relevant business processes.
- Auto discovery of personal data from siloed systems to help establish a repeatable action that can scan personal data at speed and scale.
- Knowledge graphs that offer high-quality, trustworthy and role-based insights to C-suite executives to help them make timely and accurate decisions.
About the Cloudera Enterprise Data Hub
Cloudera’s Enterprise Data Hub helps organizations address the challenges, principles, and concepts associated with GDPR. It provides a single unified platform for organizations to store data, cost-effectively and reliably, for as long as needed, and lets users access that data in a variety of ways while being governed by security and compliance policies.
- DataSubject360: The Hub can ingest, store and link all customer data on a unified cost-effective platform, enabling the automation of data subject access requests. In addition, with a consolidated view of customer data, businesses can automate self-service consent through web and mobile apps.
- Cloudera Navigator: Apply metadata classification on ingest so that data sets are tagged automatically and consistently for businesses to keep track of the data location.
- Integrity and confidentiality: Comprehensive encryption at rest and in motion, so even administrators can’t access user data.
- Rectification and accuracy at scale: With personal data stored in Kudu, millions of updates per minute can be made to individual records.
- Erasure: With all customer data stored and tagged in the Hub, it’s possible to automatically delete customer records and file data. Using lineage and metadata in the Cloudera Navigator, the data can be deleted or masked back to the source.
The partnership between Accenture and Cloudera brings together GDPR industry knowledge and a governed enterprise-ready data platform to accelerate your GDPR journey. To learn more about how to determine your best compliance strategy, assess your GDPR readiness and build out an Enterprise Data Hub for GDPR please contact:
Authors: By Rakesh Soni (Accenture) & Colm Moynihan (Cloudera)
The post Heralding a new era in GDPR compliance with Accenture and Cloudera appeared first on Cloudera Blog.